Thursday, April 19, 2012

Airplanes

I found this from a year ago in my drafts that i never posted and i thought i'd share...

***

 Tanner and i decided we wanted to have more hobbies together.... Well Tanner REALLY loves remote controlled airplanes, so we decided to get  so we could fly them together. We went to the hobby store and found a sweet one that was for beginners and i was actually pretty stoked about it.
      On the first good day we have had in awhile we decided to take it for a flight! I was so excited (i know it sounds lame but i really was)! I had been practicing at the hobby store on the flight simulator and was so pumped to actually fly my plane. Well, after Tanner got the plane in the air he let me fly it....bad idea. It was a little windy and after about a minute of flying it somehow flew out of control (probably because of an inexperienced pilot), almost hit a couple and their baby, then slammed into a pavilion. After i got up the courage to go look at my plane and apologize to the couple for almost killing them, I was pretty devastated to find that one wing had broke in half.:( Luckily, as Tanner explained to calm me down, this is the name of the game and you can get parts pretty cheap and its pretty simple to fix. Well we can call my first flight a FAILURE. Maybe i should just let Tanner have his hobby!

***

I will say that even still Tanner and i like to fly airplanes together. I'm a little better at flying now though!


No comments:

Post a Comment